I have been receiving a lot of emails that contain web links that are getting marked as spam. According to URLBL.COM, these are links that appear in spam and not links where the spam originates. Therefore, about all I can do is whitelist the senders or dial down the scores on the rules for these filters. After adding a handful of senders to the whitelist, I decided to alter the rules.
I found all of the URIBL rules in the /usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf file. I copied them to the /etc/spamassassin/local.cf file where I could change the values to something more reasonable:
score URIBL_AB_SURBL 0 0.800 0 0.900 # n=0 n=2 score URIBL_JP_SURBL 0 1.400 0 0.700 # n=0 n=2 score URIBL_OB_SURBL 0 1.000 0 0.700 # n=0 n=2 score URIBL_PH_SURBL 0 1.000 0 0.800 # n=0 n=2 score URIBL_RHS_DOB 0 0.400 0 0.500 # n=0 n=2 score URIBL_SBL 0 1.200 0 0.700 # n=0 n=2 score URIBL_SC_SURBL 0 1.200 0 0.200 # n=0 n=2 score URIBL_WS_SURBL 0 1.000 0 0.700 # n=0 n=2 score URIBL_BLACK 0 0.900 0 0.900 # n=0 n=2
Hopefully decreasing the scores for these rules will decrease false positives that I have been receiving in my inbox.